elijahkinchspector

Uncertain, Fugitive, Half-fabulous

Mothership: Tales from Afrofuturism and Beyond
Bill Campbell, Edward Austin Hall
Deathstalker War (Owen Deathstalker, Vol. 3)
Simon R. Green
Jews Without Money
Michael Gold
The Empire of a Thousand Planets: Valerian Vol. 2 (Valerian and Laureline) (Volume 2) - Pierre Christin, Jean-Claude Mézières First of all, everyone can stop giving their fiction titles that they think will appeal to me, because someone already released a comic called The Empire of a Thousand Planets and it doesn't get much better than that. For me.

Now, truth be told, I just read The Empire of a Thousand Planets, but I don't remember it well enough to get real in-depth here. This is because I read it in a night, really in about an hour, while my fiancée played Quantum Conundrum. I was still plugging away at Defeat when I realized that, after a few drinks, I just couldn't wrap my head around military history anymore. So, tipsy, I read a sprawling French space opera comic. I remember enjoying it thoroughly. Here's what else I remember.

There may be no better medium than comics for gigantic, multi-species, space-bound empires...

[Read the rest on my blog!]